My photo
portland metro, or, United States
i wish an orchestra & someone with a boombox would follow me around so that my life would continuously be accompanied by a soundtrack.

golf & classical music

so my dad attempted to teach me to play golf today. we ended up going to the meriweather driving range because i hit the ball too well that it flew over our fence into the sidewalk. hahaha. it was quite funny actually. i didn't even hit it hard, but it turns out that i hit it the way i'm suppose to hit it, and that's why the club did it's work perfectly. psshhh. once we got to the driving range, i sucked! i realized that in our yard i was a little elevated standing over the ball because i was standing on the patio. once i was on the same level as the ball, it didn't work quite well because the club was too long for me & my height (or the lack there of). i totally understand why jessica simpson complained that her boob gets in the way of hitting the ball to nick in that golfing episode of newlyweds. it does! "the twins" were getting in the way of a good form. it makes me wonder if those women golfers are flat chested. it also makes me wonder if the reason why they have women golf lessons is that they have to teach women how to hit the ball without having your well endowed chest get in the way. sheesh. or maybe i really was doing it wrong. give me a break, i'm not a pro yet. this is only my third time in a driving range, and the first two were just times of fooling around. i was with friends so we were laughing so hard while trying to hit our balls. that sounds funny. anyway yeah. we were also too busy trying not to hit each other or ducking to make sure we don't get hit ourselves. sheesh. we needed to be enclosed in a cage or something, it was totally unsafe! but it was fun. this time around my dad was giving me all sorts of directions and pointers. man golf is hard. it hurts my back. sheesh. but i think i'm gonna like it eventually. i mean, i feel like i have to because i already have a set of clubs (that have to be adjusted to my height), a glove, and shoes waiting for me.

in the last hour i let my dad finish the rest of the balls in the bucket. my hand and back was so sore so i just sat on the bench and admired the view and the weather. man it was so pretty today, because it was somewhat cloudy, and windy. surrounding the golf course were farm lands. i mean, i'd get a wiff of cow dung every now and then, but it was still a nice spot. the nice thing is that it's only 5 minutes away from where we live.

my ears have been searching for something new lately, needing a break from the usual rock loud slow jam stuff. a few days ago i've acquired bunch of bollywood, hindi, spanish, and reggeaton songs. today i got a bunch of classical music and opera. i grew up hearing Handel, so i got a bunch of songs from Handel's Messiah. i also got some random classical music by chopin, mozart, vivaldi, arias sung by the likes of cecilia bartoli, jessye norman, and elly ameling, opera stuff by luciano pavarotti and andrea bocelli. have you heard "Der Hölle Rache Kocht In Meinem Herzen"??? it drives me nutts everytime i love it! i donno how these people sing that song.

i'm 4 pages away from finishing The Horse and His Boy. what am i doing here then. yes yes, it'll be done tonight and then i'll be moving on to Prince Caspian. i hope they'd make another narnia movie. The Horse and His Boy would definetely be a good movie.